Friday, February 28, 2014
Fantasy Reflections!
As far as I'm concerned this is the best Fantasy Reflection presented to us by Gillian Adams yet! If you could build your own Fellowship of the Ring with 9 companions from any fantasy books besides The Lord of the Rings, who would you choose? Hard, huh?
It only just occurred to me that she said, Fellowship of the RING. I was kind of thinking Fellowship for any quest I want. The Ring, with its corrupting powers, is a tad more difficult. But whatever the case, here is the Fellowship of Nine that I would choose if I were to go on a fantasy quest.
Leader: Corlath (The Blue Sword) An experienced and deadly king of the desert with very unusual power. He is a natural commander and hard to faze. If he brought his horse along too, I would be happy.
Main Fighter: Etanun (The Tales of Goldstone Wood) Armed with Halisa, he's like, completely unstoppable. Also, a Faerie and the range of his powers is unknown.
Guide: Akilun (The Tales of Goldstone Wood) With the light of Asha in his hand, he can pierce any darkness. He is also a man of profound insight. Plus, Etanun and he are brothers and a team. Together, they're kind of unstoppable, but hey--nothing but the best for my team!
Fighter: Zuko (Avatar: The Last Airbender) Okay, okay, it was a TV series first, but it has turned into graphic novels, and Zuko is absolutely awesome. First and foremost, he's a firebender (no worries about cold winter nights), he's an expert swordsman, pretty good at stealth, and just a smart cookie.
Archer: Nock (The Door Within) This guy is such a good archer, he can make Legolas turn green (Book-wise). He's just awesome.
Fighter: Mallick (The Door Within) But what is Nock without Mallick? Though his complete opposite in both temper, bulk, and fighting (I think he has a huge hammer), they are best friends and an absolute hoot together!
Expert Thief and Spy: Eugenides (The Queen's Thief) When I saw this list, I KNEW that Eugenides MUST be on my list. He could steal anything I want, he can infiltrate and observe whatever base I want, and he's also a really, really good fighter, if it's an emergency (otherwise, he'll let everyone else do the fighting).
Fighter and Entertainer: Eanrin (Tales of Goldstone Wood) What would I do WITHOUT Eanrin? He's a Faerie, Bard, Knight, cat. And he is so funny, I think I would die to see how he interacts with everyone.
Healer and Confident: Imraldera (Tales of Goldstone Wood) I have to bring at least one girl along just in case I need her! I trust all these boys absolutely, but I wouldn't want to put them in an awkward situation. Imraldera is sweet, wise, gentle, and very brave. Plus, she could help keep Eanrin in line. :)
What about you? You can answer here, or you can join the discussion at Gillian's blog, Of Battles, Dragons, and Swords of Adamant.
Labels:
Gillian Adams,
Goldstone Wood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
So I was musing over what might happen to my poor fellowship. If it was a Fellowship of the Ring...well, we already know it will fall apart. And actually, it would be a Fellowship of Ten including me. Sadly, the first separation will be when Eugenides falls down a deep chasm. Then Corlath will try to take the Ring from me to protect his country. So I'll run off on my own, except Imraldera will come with me. In some epic battle, Corlath might die or he might not, but he will realize his fault. Nock and Mallick will be taken hostage somehow. Etanun,Akilun, Eanrin, and Zuko (yikes, Zuko and the Ring...I don't even want to know how that would go) will go after Nock and Mallick to rescue them, and along the way who should show back up again, but Eugenides!
Wow, this would be a really weird and different story of Lord of the Rings. Imraldera would see Gollum's True Name and love him unconditionally, and I would be like, "Get away, you little creep!" Most likely, Etanun and Ashiun would take on the Balrog together. And I'm really not sure who would be most vulnerable to the Ring, Corlath, Zuko, or Eugenides (Eugenides: "Oo, its gold and shiny!")
I like your chosen teem, though I don't know all of them. And I like your idea of how LOTR would go with your team . . . though I really can't see Mallik and Nock being taken hostage. xD But I like the idea of Imraldera's reaction to Gollum.
Yeah, Nock and Mallik go down fighting rather than taken hostage. If anyone could get close to them that is.
But yeah, Imraldera and Gollum...how would THAT go?????
Though quite honestly, I can't see any of these guys dying, they're so crazy powerful and just skilled. My sundered Fellowship would be a much larger team than in the original LOTR. :)
Ooh! I would pick: 1. Lirael (Abhorsen Trilogy), 2. Nynaeve (Wheel of Time), 3. Aragorn (let's be real here), 4. Glomar (cause I figure he really wouldn't be tempted by the ring), 5. Caspian ('cause he's the coolest. Just saying.), 6. Reepicheep, 7. the Dragon (Sylva de Mari), 8. Maurice (Terry Pratchett), and myself! : D Love this post.
I think Imraldera might actually have a chance of turning Gollum to good, actually.
And yeah, I really can't see most of these characters (at least the ones I know) dying either.
Allison: Aw, I don't know most of the characters on your list! But I'm delighted to see all the Narnians that made it! Which Chronicles of Narnia was your favorite?
Hmm, if Glomar thought the Ring could make Gleamdren love him, I'm not so certain he wouldn't fall. I'd actually trust Eanrin (as a Knight of Farthesthore) much more.
Sarah: Yeah, you know, so can I! Gollum turns good! But then, if I lose my mind at the end, who will be there to attack and topple off into lava with the Ring? Eeg. Let's just hope I don't lose my mind. :/
I love your Fellowship! It's pretty much what I would have, except I'd add Katniss. Her archery is awesome, and I'd take the chance to sit down with her and have a talk, tell her about Jesus.
Also, we know Eanrin wouldn't want to take the ring. If he was invisible, no one would be able to see how handsome he is!
Thanks, Rebekah! From what I hear, Katniss certainly needs Jesus, poor girl. :(
HAHA! Eanrin and the Ring...now THAT's funny. Vain cat.
@ Hannah: My favorite was Voyage of the Dawn Treader. : ) I loved all the different islands, and all the different characters coming together. Thanks for asking!
This is such an interesting post. Lots of books for me to check out. My team would be:
1. Rhys: He's the sorcerer from Gail Carson Levine's The Two Princesses of Bamarre. With his magical boots, spyglass and tablecloth, he'd be a great asset. Moreover, he can entertain by making weather elements perform!
2. Reepicheep the Mouse from Voyage of the Dawn Treader: His steadfast faith would be a huge help as would his sword fighting skills.
3. Etanun from The Tales of Goldstone Wood: Sorry for stealing.
4. Have to steal Akilun, too since both of them must work together in order to truly succeed.
5. Lucy Pevensie from Narnia books: Okay, she's young, but she is faithful, too, and she can see what others cannot. Moreover, her healing cordial would be a tremendous asset.
6. Pierce Andrews from Karen Hancock's Arena: He would risk his life for anyone. Admittedly, he'd probably be the one most vulnerable to the ring's power, but when push comes to shove, he'd be a good teammate.
7. Dame Imraldera, Tales of Goldstone Wood: She'd be a marvelous worker with Lucy, and she could write down the team's exploits.
8. Beana, Tales of Goldstone Wood: Very courageous.
9. Bard Eanrin: I must have him!
This was such an interesting post. And the villains that would be pursuing all these different teams! Wow! Epic fantasy in the making!
God bless.
i love your fellowship! And I particularity love how you created a story that parallels LOTR with your fellowship!
All though, knowing Zuko is anywhere near the ring makes me nervous... I see him as the one who one try and take it from you.
And hopefully Eugenides comes back from the chasm!
@Allison: That was my dad's favorite too! One of mine as well. :)
@Meredith: What a fantastic list. I didn't consider Rhys or Lucy, but they'd both be valuable. Oh, it doesn't matter that our characters overlap. We must be in different Times or Dimensions.
Gwen: Yes, I should try to come up with the whole story. My first problem would be, DID they take the gap through Rohan or the Mines of Moria.
Yes, Zuko would probably be pretty susceptible to the Ring's power. At the same time, he's really, really been maturing (I'm not sure if you've read the Graphic Novels, particularly The Search), and gaining power's not really his gig anymore.
Oh, Eugenides certainly came back. When does he ever not? Though if we did go through the mines, Etanun and Ashiun would probably take on the Balrog together so they would probably both fall together down the long chasm. Of course, they would come back later. But if I count the Brothers Ashiun as one, that would take care of my extra member. Of course, Bormier died. So one my members might have to die. Nooooo! Not Corlath, not Zuko! Hmm.
@Hannah: Yes, hoping that you don't lose your mind sounds good. xD
@Rebekah: Your comment about Eanrin made me laugh. But very good point. xD
@Meredith: Lucy almost made it on my list (which you can see on Gillian Adams' post, linked in Hannah's actual post). So did Dame Imraldera. Great choices!
You're right, Zuko has been getting better. I have similar characters on my list (on my blog). Zukoi would be the Boromir of the group though! Maybe no one in your fellowhip would have to die. Gillian never said "parallel" LOTR exactly--everyone can live!
Also, I am very glad to hear that Eugenides comes back!
Post a Comment