"If you could become any fantasy character---literally step into their shoes and into their life possessing their personality, traits, and abilities, who would you choose to become?"
Tough, right? I decided on Harry Crewe from The Blue Sword, who lives an awesome and fairly un-miserable life. Go check out the rest of the awesome discussion at Of Battles, Dragons, and Swords of Adament.
What about you? Who would you like to be?

6 comments:
I mentioned Imraldera, Eowyn, and Cosette on Gillian's blog, but now that I give it more thought, I wouldn't mind being Irene, from the Queen's Thief series. Sure, she goes through some tough times, but nothing bad exactly happens to her. : ) And she's super cool and tough.
You know, I actually thought of Irene too. But I decided against it the moment after. She led such a hard, cold, miserable life pre-Eugenides. Even after, I wouldn't want to trade places. Though I love the brilliant Queen's Thief series, it made me decide I wouldn't want to be a monarch if someone paid me. Hee, hee. Irene is awesome, though. I love her unexpected humor.
I remember after I read the Thief, I read the book-cover-writey-bit for Queen of Attolia, and when it hinted at a romance, I was like : O. Turner completely changed my opinion in the course of that book. She is an artist. : D
Really, though, I picked Irene because she can be very scary, and I am about as scary as a dust bunny. : )
Yeah, I saw all that when I read the series, and was like, "How does THAT work?" Yes, Irene is scary. But I love her!
I wanted to say Imraldera, because I would love to have her compassion, but then I remembered that I would have to watch my sister grow up without me, and have Eanrin dancing around his feelings. No thanks! So I decided on Polly from The Magician's Nephew. She gets lots of fun adventures without /too/ much hardship, and she gets to boss Digory around! :P
Oh yes, dear Imraldera. I wouldn't want to be her either considering her horrid early life. But ohhohoheehee, I can not WAIT for you to read Shadow Hand. I think it might give you a new perspective. Sorry, that's an evil tease, but you really must read it (if you've read everything prior).
Polly! What a great idea! Polly is a great choice! :)
Post a Comment